Thursday, September 12, 2013

"Would You Please Call Me Cordelia?" Terribly poetry based on Anne of Green Gables

Would you please call me Cordelia?
On the Lake of Shining Water.
The name Anne doesn't have the same allure.
Lady Fitzgerald- please call me Cordelia.

To despair is to turn your back on God
I'm in the deepest depths of that despair.
I've given myself pea green hair
This is all so tragical and odd.

Oh, Matthew. I'll never forget your kindness
Or stop missing your shyness
And when you bought me that puff-sleeved dress
It made me feel like not quite such a mess.

Is it raspberry cordial or current wine?
Now, Diana, we can't see each other again
Goodbye drunk bosom friend of mine.
Until I save the baby and my rep is on the mend.

Don't eat the plum pudding, Miss Stacy
I was pretending I was about to take vows,
The pudding sauce has a hint of mouse.
But I'm sure it would still be tasty.

Oh Matthew. I'll never forget your kindness.
How you taught me to confess,
And when you bought me that puff-sleeved dress,
It made me feel like not quite such a mess.

I'm sorry, Aunt Josephine, the fault is mine.
But soon you'll think me quite a lamb
You'll even host my stay for the big exam.
This Anne-Girl orphan gets by fine.


Elaine lay as though she smile.
My friends think they murdered me,
Gilbert, what's your water rescue fee?





*I found this among my hundreds of abandoned draft posts and was so amused (I clearly wrote this while heavily medicated and totally forgot it existed).


No comments:

Post a Comment