Monday, November 26, 2012

For the Rich Child Within You:

Amazon.com is offering the "Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey (Collector's Edition) [Hardcover]" set for 40% off for Cyber Monday. That's making it a cool $600 to purchase one of the 3,000 copies that will be sold worldwide.

$600 for books about the making of somewhat decent adaptations of very good books? Eh. I'd much rather have real versions of some textbooks from Hogwarts myself. I'm sure they'll have no trouble moving these 3,000 sets, though. No problem at all.

My favorite quote I've heard about this sale today comes from the lovely ladies at The Mary Sue, in reference to how The replica Monster Book of Monsters is actually a false book for hiding items:

"Because if you have a friend over, they’re not going to totally attempt to open a replica of The Monster Book of Monsters as soon as they see it on your shelf and then find your Horcrux."

Personally, I've gone to much more troubling lengths to hide my horcruxes than that.

Not that I've made any horcruxes.

Those don't exist.

Ooh, look- shiny books about okay movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment