Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Not That I Want To Hide...

I just, at this moment, think I'd be more comfortable if I just crawled under my desk and continued to work from there for the last hour of the work day. It'd be so cozy.

Is that weird?

Well, yes, even I can see that.

Stop rolling your eyes at me.

Let's take a few steps back: Mondays are, believe it or not, my favorite work days. Because they're the busiest! So much to do! But, on 90% of Mondays, it's okay if you don't get to everything else... that's what Tuesday through Friday are for.

At least for me.

Most of the time.

Today is one of those times.

But today is also one of those Mondays where so much kept coming up that it's now 53 minutes from the end of my work day and I have not taken my lunch hour yet.

And, of course, we're not really allowed to take lunch during the last hour of the day. So, rather that leaving and getting food (which would be my first meal in over 24 hours, yikes. Stupid forgotten pouch of carrot-applesauce in my apartment), I feel justified to take a break to type a completely wordy post to blogger.

Because, to be honest, I'm torn about sticking with blogger. Tumblr has some very nice features. But also is a bit douchey. To the point where things quickly wear out their welcome once you follow a blog, I'm realizing. And I don't really like the thinner columns. I kind of like a classic blog, don't you? I'm not so much a micro-blogger as a macro-blogger, I guess.

But I do like Tumblr in some aspects.

The point is that I just think the floor looks awfully comfortable right now. And then less people would see me. And the lighting would be darker. And I can just listen to Tears for Fears and update spreadsheets to my heart's content for the next few hours.

Did I say few hours? When I now have just slightly over 45 minutes left to my work day? That's because I just found out the movie night happening at my apartment has been canceled due to one of the guests puking her guts out and needing to go to the ER. So, I guess my brain has already decided that I'm staying late now.

Except I have to come in early tomorrow. Crap. Do I want to do both?

Wait, that's not the point. The point is that my chair sucks and hurts my ass.

Especially when I've been sitting in it for almost 9 hours straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment